Sunday, March 2, 2014


     Hey bloggers it’s KJ. I’m going to be telling you about the time I was helping out a family without getting anything in return. I was sixteen years old I think at the oldest. My work ethic was above average compared to other kids my age. My family was always hard on me as a kid.

      No one in my family went to college to get an education. My dad’s side of the family is worse than my mom’s.  My dad and his brother dropped out of high school to start working, so I always had a good work ethic.  My dad started his own welding business, and he didn’t hire any workers at the beginning because he didn’t know what he could run into just starting a business.  Starting a business in this economy was going to be risky to deal with, and not having a high school diploma my dad wasn’t the typical businessman.

     I saw my dad every morning wake up and go to the garage to start working. So every morning on the weekends I would be up before him waiting for him to go to work. Even though i wasn’t the best at welding I still did other small tasks for him like cutting, grinding, or even cleaning. I did whatever it took to help out my dad.  My dad never paid me for the work that I did.

     Money was an issue for my dad’s company early.  He couldn’t hire anyone until they started making some sort of money. My dad always told me I was his first worker for the amount of work I did on the weekends for him. My dad taught me a lot at the same time. I became a better worker, and a way better overall welder. I knew the work I was doing was helping my dad.

    My dad didn’t have to attend to all the small annoying jobs while I was in there. We built up a trust to where he knew what jobs I could handle and what jobs I couldn’t handle. Even though I didn’t get anything in return physically I felt like I received the best next thing which is learning a trade and producing a bond with your father.

No comments:

Post a Comment